12 Surefire Ways To Tell If You’re a Dog Mom•
Posted on May 03 2019
12 Surefire Ways To Tell If You’re a Dog Mom
The other day while on Facebook, liking and commenting on a few things, I offered that “my fuzzy child” sure could make me laugh. Someone got offended! Apparently calling your dog your child is frowned upon in some circles. I wish those circles would come with big yellow, neon blinking lights that give fair warning to us pet parents so we can steer clear.
Image by Sven Lachmann from Pixabay
Honestly, I’m not sure I want to ‘friend’ someone who doesn’t understand my love for my dog. Or at least, doesn’t question it. My dog is my child, to me anyway. That doesn’t make him any less of a dog, however, nor does it take away from parents with human children. It’s just my expression of love for my pup. New research even acknowledges that for some people, the loss of their dog is akin to losing a most beloved and treasured family member (source). Take that anti-dog mom people, whoever you are.
Are you wondering if you are a dog mom? Wonder no more. We have developed this (non)scientific quiz, of sorts, to help you determine your dog mom status. I know, you’re wondering how we have time to do this when we’re busy designing fabulous dog apparel products, but honestly, this is a much-needed quiz that could solve world peace! Or at least, and more likely, give you insight into your dog devotion status.
Image by Tran Mau Tri Tam from Pixabay
Our Top 12 Clues That Help You Identify If You Are Dog Mom Material
- Parties: When invited to parties, do you ask the host if it’s okay to bring your dog? If you answered yes, you could be a dog mom.
- Pics: Do you have hundreds of pictures of your dog on your smartphone? If you answered yes, then chances are good you’re a dog mom.
- Travel: When you’re away and call home, do you ask to talk to the dog? Or better than that, Facetime with your dog? If you answered yes, yup, you are a dog mom.
- Social Media: Have you set up social media accounts for your dog? Well, that’s a pretty good indicator of being a hip dog mom.
- Birthdays: Do you throw birthday or gotcha day parties for your dog? If you gave a yes, then it’s highly probable that you are a dog mom.
- Night Life: Do you limit your time out because you don’t want your dog to feel lonely? Well, heavens, then you are a good dog mom!
- Hairy Situation: Do you have dog hair all over your wardrobe? If so, there’s a pretty good chance you could be a dog mom.
- Spelling: Do you spell out the words to things you know your dog loves? Like “B-Y-E B-Y-E,” “R-I-D-E” and “W-A-L-K”? With a yes answer, all signs indicate you’re a dog mom.
- Paws: Do you smell your dog’s feet and smile while enjoying the Frito smell? Yes, well, that is a really good sign you are a dog mom.
- Yappy Hours: Do you find dog-friendly spots to meet up with friends in order to bring your pup along? If so, then it’s very likely you are a dog mom.
- Bed: Do you snuggle up with your dog at night time, allowing him or her to have the largest portion of the bed? With a yes answer you fall into the dog mom category.
- Cards: Do you sign your dog’s name on holiday cards to your friends and family? If you said yes, then that is a definite dog mom indicator.
How did you do? Did you answer most of our questions with affirmative yeses? If so, then you might as well get a “Dog Mom” tattoo and join the happy group of us who are nuts about their dog. But it’s okay, we tend to hang out together, and go to happy hours in packs, and celebrate each other’s dog’s birthdays or gotcha days. So, don’t worry, you’ll enjoy being in our fun group.
Image by Pexels from Pixabay
Also, there is one more question that is a dead giveaway for dog mom status. Want to know what it is? Okay, here you go: do you ask your dog if he or she wants a brother or sister? If you answered yes to this one, it’s an automatic entrance into our esteemed group. No need to pull your dog’s hairs off your shirts, we’re all covered in fur anyway. So, with that next special occasion just around the corner, don’t forget to buy yourself a gift and sign the card:
From: The Dog!
SHOP OUR LATEST DESIGNS:
Cover Image by Rebecca Schönbrodt-Rühl from Pixabay
Summertime Dog Trea...
Loaded with fiber, and nutritious seeds, as well as one of the most powerful antioxidant-rich berries on the planet. These little guys are heart he...Read More
The 3 Best Dog Frie...
This stunning white sand beach is a dog’s, as well as a human’s, idea of paradise. You’ll want to check the tides for this ocean front beach, just ...Read More
What’s the Differen...
All three of these types of dogs serve as important parts of society to help assist humans, because of their ability to bond with people. The human...Read More